Types of Information We May Collect:
Information you provide directly to us: You do not have to identify yourself to use the Site. If you choose to give us information about yourself, you decide how much information to provide. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or contact us directly:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, and mobile number
- User name and password
- Demographic information, such as gender, date of birth, and zip code
- Information posted in comments and other interactive online features
- In limited circumstances, payment information, such as credit card number, where needed to complete a requested service or transaction
- Correspondence you send to us
Information we collect automatically: We may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Site, including:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet
- Websites you visited before and after visiting the Site
- Web pages you view and links you click on within the Site
- Standard server log information
- Information collected through cookies, Web beacons and similar technologies. We use these technologies for purposes including to authenticate you and tailor your experience on the Site according to the preferences you specified. For more information on cookies and related technologies, click here.
Information from commercially available sources: We may receive additional information about you—such as the websites you have visited—from other publicly-available information and from commercial sources.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you news and information about Elect Katie Hobbs for Governor
- Enable you to participate in features on the Site, such as comments
- Analyze the use of the Site and information about visitors to the Site to understand and improve our Site and service offerings
- Systems administration and troubleshooting
- Customize the content you see when you visit the Site
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent
- We only use payment information to complete a particular transaction, fulfill a service, or as otherwise required by law.
- How We Disclose the Information We Collect
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We may disclose information we collect in the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, such as customer support, email message deployment, analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purposes.
- Third-party partners. We may share your information with organizations with similar political objectives and viewpoints for the purpose of advancing our own political objectives. Text messaging originator opt-in data and consent will not be shared with any third parties unless required by law.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of the Site, a merger or consolidation, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations. We may also disclose information in response to a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required. We are required by law to collect and in most cases, report the name, address, occupation, and employer of individuals who make contributions to Elect Katie Hobbs for Governor as well as the date and amount of those contributions. This information is made publicly available by the government agencies with whom Elect Katie Hobbs for Governor files its reports.
- Other parties in aggregated form. We may also share your information with third parties in aggregated or non-personally identifiable form.
- Otherwise with your consent.
- How To Exercise Choice
You may choose to enjoy certain content and features on the Site without directly providing us with any information about you. Subscribers to our email list may terminate their subscriptions via the link provided at the bottom of each email sent from Elect Katie Hobbs for Governor.
- How To Access and Correct Information about You
You may change your subscriber information or certain other information about you that is maintained by us and is readily accessible in the ordinary course of business by contacting here: http://www.katiehobbs.org/contact. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it.
- Children’s Privacy Statement
The Site is directed at a general audience and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law.
- Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. Because there is currently no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, the Site currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
* * *
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Elect Katie Hobbs for Governor —as well as certain third parties that provide content, advertising and other functionality on the Site—uses a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Site and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
Collect information about your browsing activities in order to provide you with more relevant content and ads, on and off the Site; and
Relate the information automatically collected when you use the Site to information we obtain from you directly or from commercially available sources.
Other local storage. We, along with third-party partners, use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Site. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. These objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, however. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Local Shared Objects, please click here.
Web beacons. We, along with our third-party partners, may also use technologies called Web beacons that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed. We and our partners use Web beacons for a variety of purposes, including analyzing the use of the Site and in conjunction with cookies to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.